Saturday, September 20, 2014

Day 11 Painting Day, 9-19-14

After breakfast, walk, and laundry, I painted a scene at our hotel that I decided on because of looking through hundreds of photos I've taken so far.  I'll use the photo for the composition idea but paint it from life. Around noon Carol and I went back into town for a wine and olive oil tasting at a museum that was closed when we were there a few days ago--there we ran into four others from our group and we all went to the wine festival tasting across town that was very interesting. Somewhere around 30 local wineries were present, each with a complete line of their wines which we could sample. I tried some whites, almost all were Trebbiano grapes, very nice, and Passito which are red dessert wines-surprisingly there were amazing differences in these from the same grapes all from the same area, most were Sagrantino grapes.  It was a good time and Dave took lots of photos. Then there was a crit here at the hotel, then supper of stringelli with vegetables and a lite sauce, pork medallions wrapped in bacon with salada misto and chocolate mousse.
My painting 9x12 of the wall outside our door came out fairly well considering I had a limited palette.
Hey, Dave, send me some photos!

No comments: