Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Colin Page Workshop - June 11-12

The first thing that Colin said was about how we had to work outside of our comfort zone, and it might not feel very good.  Well, I was happy to hear that since I felt to "down" after the previous workshop with Frank.  Colin had taken a workshop and had that experience afterwards, so now I didn't feel bad anymore.  He did a great presentation about values and massing and did a quick demo, then we all tried that lesson.  Then after lunch the rain came and it rained for the duration of the workshop.  We moved in doors and it might have even been better to learn the lessons that Colin taught which were many.  He had us doing lots of 1/2 hour studies and, for me, it was a lot less stressful and less tiring and it kept my mind alert as well.  I highly recommend his workshops.
Class at River Arts,  Damariscotta, Me.

Typical scene that Colin likes to paint.


No comments: