Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Frank Gardner Workshop, June 6-8


Thanks to Suzanne Hoffman who found this cottage in Wellfleet, we had accommodations which had a beautiful view of the water and a great area to walk around in my spare time.
On Sunday night we met at Paul Schulenberg's studio, Frank's friend, and had snacks and saw some great work of Paul's.


For the first two mornings Frank did a demo of things we were to concentrate on. 



















We painted two paintings per day for the three days I was there.  It was very hot and sunny.  The scenery was beautiful.  Jerome Greene, Frank's assistant, did a wonderful painting of me on Wednesday afternoon in a public garden in PTown.  My email has been down and I've been trying to contact him since.  I was pretty disappointed in my work during the workshop and wasn't anxious to go to Maine on Friday to take another one with Colin Page.  What happens is that it takes a while to sift through the ideas and techniques of the teacher and make them your own.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Hey, you're doing so well. These are top shelf painters.
I NEVER get anything substantial in a workshop but that's not the point. It will come.