Saturday, October 17, 2009

Paint the Town - Newburyport


Oh no! The sun came out! Sounds strange? Well, rain and heavy winds were expected so I got all prepared to work in my studio instead of at the site. I got started last night with the underpainting and design, then, much to my surprise, when I opened my eyes this morning, the sun was out! Darn, I was all set to work at home, so I went to the studio thinking that I would just get a little start on it (since the thermometer said about 30 degrees and I could see by breath) then go downtown and finish it. So, it was going well, and I got so absorbed, that before I knew it, I was finished. I'm really feeling bad that I missed this opportunity to do the paint out, but on the other hand, at some point, I made the decision to keep going at home. I hope the event people aren't going to be disappointed with me, but with the nice day that it turned out to be, everyone else probably painted on location.

No comments: