Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 4 - Curtis Atelier - The Boatyard

Most of us arrived at low tide and set up to paint as we had to get 3 9x12's done--it's not a race, but. Where was Bill? Even though we all started ahead of Bill, as usual, he finished his 4 paintings when we did three. I finished my first one first, but by third one only had about 30 minutes on it before the critique started. David was pleased with us as a group and said we all did better today. We also could see that all our fellow artists were doing better. It's a good hard working group. I didn't take any notes today as I was working feverishly, it's not a race.
Tomorrow--the finale--we will return to the Quarry where we will complete our 3-day effort on our large canvas--one day ahead of a big bad storm. I'm looking forward to tomorrow as it's always a surprise to see what will happen.
I won't be blogging for Day 5 until Wednesday, September 2nd as I'll be away. I hope to hear back from everyone in our group from time to time to see what you are doing. I'm in a show at the Beverly Farms Library, Sept. 2-29. Come to the reception Thurs Sept. 10, 6-8 p.m.

No comments: