Saturday, September 7, 2013

Italy 2013 Day 6

Morning walk with Carol and the little black kitty who went almost the entire hour with us, then breakfast, then planned for the painting I would work on.  I wasn't happy with what I had done previously and got a nice shot of the scene at daybreak today and decided to revamp it to that lighting condition. Margaret did a demo and talk on skies and clouds. The portrait painting planned for the afternoon got moved to Friday as Margaret has a cold. It was announced that we would have a 3-hour walking tour with a guide tomorrow in Florence. Dinner was after a critique and I enjoyed the pasta dish. The funny thing is that I had told friends that we seldom had pasta on our trips, and this time we are having it everyday. Generally we have a 1st, 2nd, salad and desert menu with a choice of 2 or 3 items in the 1st and 2nd courses. These vineyards produce a fine quality of wine under the name of Fra (for the brothers who had a monastery nearby), so it's Frasole, Framonte, Fravento, etc.

Pasta course
Marie Cahill and sister, grew up in Salem, MA.
My friend Judy's friend from Punta Gorda
My side kick, Carol
Our friend, Sandy's friends
Soup course, Primi.  Home made pasta.  Everything is made from scratch here.
Margaret demo'd the sky one day and laying down the road the next day.
Laura from New Jersey
Shot that inspired my third attempt to paint the ruin.  Note just to the right of center, the ruin in shade with rim light.
More rim light of the foreground.
Carol and kitty on our morning walk.

No comments: