Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Day 15, travel day home

I loose 6 hours today going west to east.
We left at 3:15, 1 hr. Bus ride to airport and we got there before the desks opened.  My luggage, thankfully, came in 1/2 lb. under the 50 lbs., plane to Rome was fine.  Funny thing happened, I figured I wouldn't be in a rush to deplane so I started a text message and all of a sudden the hostess was there asking me to get off.  It was one of those planes that disembark down an external staircase onto the Tarmac.  When I got there I felt like a star as I was the only one and the bus was waiting with everyone on board waiting with the doors open. OMG.  We drove a ways to the terminal.  Nice how they land planes like in a big parking lot and they drive you to the terminal. From there you progress through the various gates and public areas, quite nicely styled and renovated.  Since I had several hours, it was a nice walk for me. Upon reaching my gate, I wandered around through the shops and food areas, had coffee and croissant, did emails, wrote in my blog and journal,bought a book to read and something in the duty free shop, ate lunch, listened to blog talk radio for a couple of hours, and as I'm writing this now, I have my alarm set to board in 3 more hours, and I'll start to read my book.
I'm sitting here practically in the same seat in the restaurant where my traveling buddy, Carol, and I have sat before on a previous trip.
I did a quick pen drawing of this couple.

No comments: