Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Lori Putnum workshop

I'm with Lori Putnum on the porch where she created her video demo.
This was on the last day of the Canandaigua NY workshop in June 2014.  Sandy and I attended.  Sandy is a painting friend I met on our European painting trips through Margaret Egli Thomson.
You can see lots of artists videos on this site: Where in the World is..., promoted by Plein Air Magazine.  You can see Lori's there and see me sitting on the porch with the rest of the workshop-mates.

Charlie Movali at Northshore Art Association giving a lecture
In June I also attended what I think is Charlie's best lecture so far.  He is a genius.  I have learned so much from this man on design, color, elimination, suggestion.  Then at a plein air painting out at NSAA I actually had a one-on-one with him for a few minutes!

Portrait sketch of my husband by Mark Hayden
Mark Hayden painted this portrait sketch commission of George during two quick visits to his studio in Bradford MA.  I love it.  I study with Mark on Thursday mornings and I'm currently working on my submission for the portraits of Newburyport show in September of Fran Dalton.

My "People Painting People Project" isn't moving ahead very well.  I may have 12 people now and I need 31.  My visit to the Newburyport Newspaper hasn't proved very successful either.  In this case, no news isn't good news.

No comments: