Thursday, March 4, 2010

Is it finished now?

I have worked on this painting for close to a year, painting many variations of the colors of the marsh itself.  After a critique from Donald Jurney, I repainted it one more time, and I'm happier with the foreground.  If you look down a few blog posts, you will see the version before his critique.  He commented that it was falling off the bottom.  I didn't see it immediately and when I put it up on my easel, the easel was not level at first and was tilted to the right.  This accentuated the angles and, viola, I saw what he meant.  I think if you compare the two versions, you will agree that this one is much better.  I was going to repaint it anyway to lighten up the colors of the marsh so I was able to kill two birds with one stone.

No comments: