Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ron Straka's Class






At Rockport Art Association's Ron Straka's Class we were asked to do a copy of a work of an artist that we liked, and I chose to do one of Patrick Matthews' works that I saw in Santa Fe, NM. I enjoyed the process of making this "after" painting. His is very large, probably 4x8' but mine is 2x4'. Putting them side by side here is the first time I have been able to see the comparison, although the photo of mine is probably off-color a bit. I love his colors.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

His colors are great, but I prefer your's. When I enlarged the picture, the first word that came to my mind was "juicy". Weird, I know, but those reds called to me!

I hopst a group called New England Bloggers at my blog. I'd like to invite you to stop by and check it out.