Saturday, October 8, 2011

Today at Wakefield's Paint Out

Warm, sunny, gentle breeze, lots of very nice people milling around--a great day to be out painting and I had a very good day talking with lots of nice people.  I painted a lake scene with the foreground of Eric John Goodridge's memorial bench.  Terri (his mother) told me it was a gorgeous view and a very special place and she was right.  The Farmers' Market was a bustling scene and about 30 artists participated in the Paint Out.  I sold a painting of the park and I also bought one: Carol Potvin's view of the bandbox.  There was a reception following at a boutique in town.  Thanks to Pam Perras, I had the opportunity to get to know Wakefield a little better and will try to attend again next year.

A reminder that two business are showing my work until October 17th, Tootsie's Coffee and Ice Cream Shop and Parker Florist.  Come to Tootsie's on Wednesday the 12th at 5 p.m. for Open House.

No comments: